Solairus Update: Coronavirus COVID-19
The spread of the Coronavirus has led to the requirement for constant monitoring, situational updates and dynamic action at Solairus. We would like to share with you some of our current thoughts, as well as steps we have taken and are continuing to take. Obviously, this situation is fluid.
We are in the travel industry, and as such our mission is to safely transport our clients to places that they need to be, while minimizing risk to both passengers and personnel. Let me assure you that this mission has not changed. When travel is necessary, we believe that our industry is in the very fortunate position to make it happen with significantly less risk than any other means of transportation. That said, we are committed to taking every possible precaution and following every mitigation protocol available to us.
Our Safety Department has been closely monitoring the situation and issuing regular communications to our team members, based on the most current and best advice provided by health and industry experts. Below are some of the current practices in place for our team members which extend to our clients:
• Travel restrictions and mandatory quarantine orders are continuously monitored around the globe. Each country has implemented its own entry requirements with regards to COVID-19 testing and quarantine requirements. These requirements are changing each day. However, we will advise all involved if a plan is proposed that we believe puts client or crew members at undue risk.
• Aircraft are being cleaned to meet the standards identified by the CDC in reference to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). In order to reduce or prevent the spread of the disease on our aircraft, aircraft will continue to be cleaned after each passenger flight.
• Should we find any passenger to have been ill while traveling aboard our aircraft, the aircraft will undergo a deep cleaning and disinfecting. In addition, contact tracing will be conducted and notification made to any passengers or crew who may have been exposed.
• In order to reduce potential exposure to COVID-19, travel by passengers or crew who have tested positive, experienced symptoms or have had close-contact exposure will be prohibited until that person meets current CDC guidance for release from isolation or quarantine.
In preparation for any upcoming flight, please:
• Be prepared to indicate if any of the passengers have been required to isolate or quarantine in the preceding 14 days.
• Inform a representative of Solairus if any passengers are not feeling well, have a fever or other symptoms related to COVID-19.
We have taken, and will continue to take, precautionary measures, as advised by health, governmental and industry experts. Given the dynamic nature of the Coronavirus, our response will evolve as the situation changes. Our promise to our clients and crew is that we will keep you informed of applicable developments as they arise, while also working to not duplicate information and messaging you may be getting from other sources.
Our mission is the safe and effective movement of our clients, their guests and our crew members. We remain as vigilant and fully committed to this mission now as ever before.