One of the comforts of traveling in a private jet is the luxury transportation from the FBO at your destination. After all, if you’re going to fly in style, you might as well ride in style. Knowing that a professional transportation service is waiting for you when your private charter lands allows you to truly sit back and enjoy the flight.
Transportation Options from Private Jet Airports:
Some FBOs offer concierge-like customer service that includes hiring a chauffeured luxury car to meet you and other passengers when your private jet lands. Depending on the FBO, ground transportation may await ramp-side as you deplane. Examples of FBOs that provide such a service include Millionair, which has FBOs throughout the U.S., and Meridian Teterboro in New Jersey.
When you want more control over your ground transportation or an FBO doesn’t provide transportation services, hire a luxury executive transportation service. For consistent results, work with a company that has fleets available nationwide.
Ground transportation management services generally have the following types of high-end vehicles in their fleets:
- Executive town cars
- Luxury hybrid vehicles
- Executive vans
- Motor coaches
The best ground transportation providers use flight-tracking systems to ensure on-time services. Choose a company that operates 24 hours a day and seven days a week, and happily handles last-minute updates and reservations. Other features to look for include:
- Dedicated corporate accounts and solutions
- Simple ways to book reservations online or using a smartphone app
- Support services such as catering, executive protection, VIP services, mobile technologies or unique vehicle requests
- The latest-model vehicles
- Professional affiliations with organizations like the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), European Business Aviation Association (EBAA), Middle East Business Aviation Association (MEBAA), National Limousine Association (NLA), and other aviation or livery associations
Luxury transportation companies with fleets throughout the U.S. include:
When you need to get from an FBO to your final destination quickly, hire a helicopter charter service, such as Corporate Helicopters.
The ideal charter service has helicopters in their fleet with:
- Space for up to six passengers
- Comfortable interiors
- Stretch interiors
- Club seating
- Cargo baskets for larger equipment
When you want some time to yourself or your destination has fantastically warm weather or winding curves that beg for attention, have a luxury car rental service meet you at the FBO.
Go Rentals () offers cars, SUVs, vans and luxury vehicles that you can pick up and drop off at FBOs in major cities across the country. Traditional car rental services—such as Enterprise and National –offer exclusive car rental services to private jet passengers at select FBOs nationwide. Keep in mind that many FBOs also work with car rental companies, including luxury car rental companies, and can facilitate a luxury rental for you.