This year, the Super Bowl 50 taking place in the San Francisco Bay area, just a 90 minute drive from the Solairus headquarters, in Santa Clara’s Levi’s Stadium. The Golden State is proud to host the game’s golden anniversary on February 7, 2016. At this year’s game, Beyoncé and Coldplay are the stars of the halftime show, and you can expect to see a lot of gold. The 50-yard marker along the 50-yard line will be gold, sideline gear and uniforms for both teams will have gold accents, and the Tiffany-designed Super Bowl trophy is made of bronze with 18-karat gold plating. Each number on the trophy weighs 33 pounds. The weekend of Super Bowl Sunday is the perfect time book a private jet for a trip to California.
Best Santa Clara Luxury Hotels
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Just a mile from Levi’s Stadium, the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara is centrally located in the city’s business district. For the best experience, book the Executive Suite. If you love a good view, the Balcony King suite is equally amazing.
Hilton Santa Clara
A five-minute walk from Levi’s Stadium, the Hilton Santa Clara puts you as close to the action as you can get. The upscale accommodation prides itself in throwing the ultimate tailgating parties throughout the property and its adjoining stadium parking lot for you and a group of your friends and family. If they aren’t already booked, the Executive rooms are the best.
Fairmont San Jose
Located about 20 minutes away by car from Levi’s Stadium, the Fairmont San Jose is one of the area’s top luxury hotels. Take advantage of its 50th Big Game Package and have the concierge take care of your transportation needs. The best rooms include the Signature, Presidential Luxury, and International Luxury Suites.
Santa Clara Activities
Silicon Valley has a plethora of attractions. Before game day, consider one of these popular activities:
Some of the best, most respected wineries in the world are in the Bay Area. Wineries close to Santa Clara include:
Have your hotel’s concierge service set up a wine tasting tour that includes a driving service to get the most out of the experience.
Santa Clara and the surrounding area are rich with fabulous private and public courses. Some of the best include:
- Half Moon Bay Golf Links: Located in Half Moon Bay, this course is northern California’s only luxury gold resort. It has two 18-hole championship courses and an unparallel view of the Pacific Ocean.
- Pasatiempo Golf Club: A semi-private golf club, the Pasatiempo Golf Club in Santa Cruz dates back to 1929. The courses are a prime example of classic rolling fairways, amazing greens and perfidious greens. It continually rates as one of the top 100 courses in the U.S.
- Hiddenbrooke Golf Club: Golf Digest continues to rate Hiddenbrooke Golf Club’s 72-par champion course as one of the best in the country. The Arnold Palmer-designed course in Vallejo features majestic views and great course conditions.
- Cinnabar Hills Golf Club: Located in San Jose, Cinnabar Hills is a 27-hole public golf course nestled in the Almaden foothills. The three distinct nines—Canyon, Lake and Mountain—have their own unique challenges.
- Coyote Creek Golf Club: With two Jack Nicklaus Signature courses, Coyote Creek in Morgan Hill maintains the Tournament Course for private members and the Valley Course for the public. Receiving top ratings by Metro, Golf Digest and the Silicon Valley Concierge Association, Coyote Creek has hosted the PGA Champions Tour twice.